Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Special bonding with my son


At 3.8kg my son is considered a big baby but when I set my eyes on him - he looked so frail and tiny. I enjoyed the day and night feedings (although I have difficulty in waking up especially in the middle of the nights) – and I can be angry and frustrated at times if he does not drinks his milk properly – this makes me go crazy!

Deep within however I know I will loves my son no matter what he does.

I love to bathe for him although he makes a mess out of this. At 3months + he would kick and kick and splash water all over the place.

First I will use sterile cotton balls to clean his eyes followed by facial cotton on his face and ears. Next to clean his bottom and he used to ‘coo’ a lot when I clean for him. Probably he has outgrown this ‘cooing’ he would chuckle when I used the diaper cloth to wrap his bottom while waiting for me to undress him. This is the moment – my son will look at me and chuckle heartily – I have no idea why he does that - Maybe he finds it funny or he thinks mummy is ‘playing’ with him …

We have a special bonding be it very second, every minute and every hour …

No comments: